PDA

View Full Version : S&L Mowing

slmowing
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
HELLO from central Missouri
First let me introduce myself. My name is Steve Rhine I live in Columbia Missouri . I started my lawn business this year as a part time job. I am a fire fighter for Columbia and have extra time on my hands. Before I was a fire fighter I worked as a mechcanic on a grounds crew at a local insurance company. Before that I worked for and ran a irrigation crewfor a local lawncare company. I wanted to start a mowing busness for a year or so. I only have 7 yards this year which I was told was good for starting out , but that wasn't really enough to make it worth my time. I am wanting to get up to about 20 or 25 which would really be pushing it since I don't have any help.
Im happy I found this web site cause I have alot of questions about mowing and anything that might make my business grow. I have Exmark walk behind with a 48" deck on it which I love. I am hoping to buy another mower with a bigger deck in a year or two, so I can get bigger jobs. Well thats all I got . Hope to get to know a few people and pick up a few ideas as well as give some
see ya
Steve

Steve
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to our forum!

Before that I worked for and ran a irrigation crewfor a local lawncare company.

That should be really helpful for you! What kinds of skills do you feel you learned on that job that you have been able to apply so far to your new business?

slmowing
11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to our forum!

That should be really helpful for you! What kinds of skills do you feel you learned on that job that you have been able to apply so far to your new business?

I learned even though I was working for a company, it was still my work and if Ididn't look good then the company didn't look good

Steve
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Do you feel you will be able to offer irrigation services because of the skills you learned on the job?

Also, did they involve you in marketing? What kinds of things did the company do to attract new customers?

arthur712
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum Steve!