PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions for the experienced

Adubeasy
11-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Hello, i am interested in starting a lawn mowing business,and I have a few questions. first of all i want to say that this site has been very helpful, and the lawn business school is very informative, however i haven't found the answers to these question with little searching. These 5 questions are:

1). What is the Best Bank in North Texas to get a Commercial Bank account for a new business?

1.5) What Credit Would be considered sufficient enough, to get a loan? and how much would it be appropriate to ask for?.

2) Can I get a Business loan if i am on Disability?

3) If you start your business as DBA, can you switch to LLC later?

4) In (north Texas) what would be a good first week in what month to start mowing already established customer's lawns?

Steve
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Welcome to our forum!

1). What is the Best Bank in North Texas to get a Commercial Bank account for a new business?
This is my own opinion, I wouldn't really care where as long as it was FDIC insured and had minimal to no fees to keep the account open.

1.5) What Credit Would be considered sufficient enough, to get a loan? and how much would it be appropriate to ask for?.

What would you need a loan for?

2) Can I get a Business loan if i am on Disability?
I don't know if the two are related at all. Something to consider though is can you legally work if you are on disability without potentially losing your disability benefits?

3) If you start your business as DBA, can you switch to LLC later?
Yes.

4) In (north Texas) what would be a good first week in what month to start mowing already established customer's lawns?
Gosh, I don't know off the top of my head. When does the grass start growing in your area?

StartALawnCareBusiness
11-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This question will be answered by your business plan.

If you are just starting out mowing small residential yards, you might be able to legitimately request a few hundred or a couple thousand dollars for commercial equipment and a vehicle. If you are scaling up an existing lawn care business into a full-service landscaping company, your loan will be dictated by the amount of equipment you need.

I am not a fan of loans for startup lawn care companies. The bars of entry to this business are relatively low. Truthfully, many of us here started on a shoestring budget. I started with a $159 lawn mower from K-mart in the back of my hatchback Chevette (remember those?).

Loans come with a lot of stress.

Start small and scale up. Prove yourself in the business before taking on unnecessary debt.

Good luck. Ask us lots of questions because we're here to help

Keith
Lawn Care Business Guidebook (http://www.startalawncarebusiness.com)

Adubeasy
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
1)how do you get your employees to work hard if you pay them hourly, you would think, if you dont pay them per yard they wouldent work their best.
2) how many yards do most crews do on average in an hour?
3) can you get the business loan before you have a commercial bank account?( i dont have 2500 to start a commercial account).
4) DO you have any connections to where i can get a cheap trailer?

Steve
11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
1)how do you get your employees to work hard if you pay them hourly, you would think, if you dont pay them per yard they wouldent work their best.

Well if you are there onsite with the crew to work & manage everything, you will set the pace.

2) how many yards do most crews do on average in an hour?

It would depend on the number of people in the crew, the size of the yard, the equipment you are using etc.

3) can you get the business loan before you have a commercial bank account?( i dont have 2500 to start a commercial account).

I would think you would need a bank account to deposit the loan unless it's from a friend or family member.

4) DO you have any connections to where i can get a cheap trailer?

Have you looked in craigslist?