PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

pbreedlove
11-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone,

I started a lawn care business 4 years ago up in Cape Girardeau, MO.

I love what I do and am growing my business in one of the best places to live in the US.

See ya'll around the forums,

Paul Breedlove
breedlovelawn.com

BladeRunnerLC04
11-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the forum and glad to here that your business is still growing!

SuperiorPower
11-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I started a lawn care business 4 years ago up in Cape Girardeau, MO.

I love what I do and am growing my business in one of the best places to live in the US.

See ya'll around the forums,

Paul Breedlove
breedlovelawn.com

Welcome fellow Missourian!

But from my perspective you are "down in Cape Girardeau, MO"!! I live relatively close to Columbia, MO. :)

pbreedlove
11-18-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess you are right. To me it's up because I moved from Tallahassee, FL.

Steve
11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum!

What initially got you to start your lawn care business?

Do you have any advice for the start up business owners reading this? What should they do or should they avoid and what kinds of pitfalls should they watch out for?

lkas
11-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi,
My name is Larry I am just getting back into the Lawn Mowing business, I got out of it about 15 years ago (my mistake) so here we go!

Steve
11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Larry,

Welcome to our forum!

How has it been restarting your lawn care business versus when you started for the first time?

Do you feel it was easier to get going? How does running it now compare to your past experiences?

arthur712
11-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the forum everyone!

pbreedlove
11-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I started my lawn business because I when I moved up to Cape from FL I was without a good job making minimum wage @ a hardware store. (Not fun) I started thinking about a way to go into business for myself and thought of many ideas like a full service auto detail and others. But it all came back to lawn care. So I started looking @ mowers and the first place I went the salesman had mentioned that a guy from a local church had been asking if they knew any lawn companies in the area. Well, to get to the point I landed the $8,000/season contract without a mower and they have been with me for 4 years now. And from that one contract I have met numerous clients. I would have never thought it could happen but once I put my mind to it things started to grow. Also I have made sure that I leave every property as good as I can make it look. I have found that if you do a good job every time people notice and are more likely to talk to you about future business. (this goes without saying)
I would say to anyone looking to get in to the lawn scene, "you have what it takes and there is plenty of business to be had. "

Steve
11-21-2009, 11:11 AM
What would you suggest new business owners avoid and what kinds of pitfalls should they watch out for when they just get started?