PDA

View Full Version : The New Plow F250 08 V10 6.8L

Nikon
11-16-2009, 05:33 PM
http://wowway.com/~nikon/photos/vplow.jpg

BladeRunnerLC04
11-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice Truck!! Just be careful if it is a diesel.....my brother is a Ford mechanic and he says the 6.8L has had many problems. But awesome Ride!

Steve
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
OH WOW!

We haven't heard from you in a little while!

Tell us what is going on. It seems like this winter is going to be a lot different for you than last winter!

Very nice truck!

Nikon
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey guys,
I know its been awhile I have been away working my *** off lawn cutting and cleanups and such. I still have my 48" yazoo kees walkbehind hydro, but now I also have a 61" zeroturn yazoo kees that I bought used with 178 hrs. I bought a new 8x16 enclosed pace summit trailer "black" to match the truck.

Hopefully I can make enought to pay the plow off since the trailer is paid for this season.

I have about 35 clients now and still growing. Keep in mind that I am still working at the rental store here at 9 mile Rent All.

Steve
11-17-2009, 02:48 PM
That is great!

Have you figured out how many customers you will need to hit in order to go fulltime with it?

Nikon
11-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I would say 60 to 80 clients and I would be good to go full blown lawn services. Actuall weekly cuts no bi-weekly or tri-weekly bs.

Steve
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
What have you been planning in order to hit those goals? Are you thinking of doing anything differently than you had last year?

Nikon
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Only thing differnt that I plan on doing is advertisement word of mouth built my business to this point where I am at now, but lets face it not every client brings in more business wish it was that easy. Going to try to hit more larger lawn areas further north.

Steve
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
How will you be handling the plowing this season? Are you doing it all on your own or are you going to perform sub-contract work for others?

How big of a deal was this for you to get a plow and to offer snow plowing, within the bigger plan?

Nikon
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I have some of my own work for snow that I had for years now, mostly residentials I picked up a few stores, pizza places, lots and such. But I am subbing my self out this year for another guy. I have a meeting with him next week to see the route and what he has me to do, so far I have 5 to 6 hours of work offerd from him I am not sure on pay but I am guessing 65 to 85 an hour.

Last year I helped out a freind and I could have used a plow then, but instead I was in a front loader freezing my *** off, but not no more.

My goal for the winter season is to make enough to pay the plow off and bank in some extra cash for spring.

mark123
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Sweet! :)

What's the deal with the split plow? Can you angle it both ways?

Nikon
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
The plow can be used in many ways, the way it is on the photo, moved to a straight blade, or V back out to make a cup to scoop and stack snow :P

Steve
11-20-2009, 12:32 PM
You got me thinking. What kind of advantage do you get from the v-plow? Does it help more with commercial jobs or residential?

Nikon
11-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Advantages in both places I would suppose, it would be hard for someone to plow a storage unit place without a vplow. I can stack snow higher and cleanup faster then a straight plow .. each time you plow your limited left or right so your straight blade cant really get the straggling lines left behind without multiple swipes. I can V the plow and scoop the peices making cleaning faster.. now being a 8.2 inch width plow may cause some problems with narrow driveways but they are screwed cause I won't touch them. Or use a snowblower depending on how long the driveway is.

Steve
11-22-2009, 01:01 AM
What made you ultimately choose that one? Did you have friends that had them who spoke highly of them or did you just want to experiment yourself and see what it would be able to do for you?

Nikon
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I looked at all the differnt brands and makes for plows out there I asked opnions of dealers and also people who own plows. most of them in the area have BOSS plows and swear by them, dealers also claim the BOSS plow is the best out there. BOSS is actually made here in michigan so 2 things got me to purchase this plow. One of the things that I looked at is how close is the dealer to where I live if I have a break down or need parts ect ect. The V factor is I chose this because I wanted options to work wherever I am needed V plow can do certain things a straigh blade can't and thats do storage areas. stack snow and multi position to clear snow in wichever direction I choose. I went for the boss because I was told by many that it has less problems then all the others, my second choice would have been a Western Vplow.

Steve
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I am needed V plow can do certain things a straigh blade can't and thats do storage areas.

What is it about storage areas that require a v-plow? How do they differ from other commercial properties when it comes to plowing?

picframer
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I looked at all the differnt brands and makes for plows out there I asked opnions of dealers and also people who own plows. most of them in the area have BOSS plows and swear by them, dealers also claim the BOSS plow is the best out there. BOSS is actually made here in michigan so 2 things got me to purchase this plow. One of the things that I looked at is how close is the dealer to where I live if I have a break down or need parts ect ect. The V factor is I chose this because I wanted options to work wherever I am needed V plow can do certain things a straigh blade can't and thats do storage areas. stack snow and multi position to clear snow in wichever direction I choose. I went for the boss because I was told by many that it has less problems then all the others, my second choice would have been a Western Vplow.

Boss Plows are propably the best plow going, I am cusious since you went with a 250, you didn't go diesel, far more torque and overall a lot oess expense.

Nikon
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
the cost of the truck was 20K.. bought it used with 36K miles. new truck desiel 45K plus, besides all that ford desiel I have heard to many horror strories.

ptguy123
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM
6.8L V-10! Beast of a truck. No problem plowing with that.

TaylorsCornerLLC
07-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Nice truck! I don't blame you on going gas over diesel, theres a large difference in price. Just be careful for exhaust leaks, the ford V-10's are notorious for that. I recently bought an 06 6.0 L diesel, and even with the hype of the 6.0 being junk i love it. It had its problems (mostly due to an aftermarket intake), but thankfully it was under warranty. To any 6.0 owners out there stay stock, or it will blow up. You should have no problem pushing snow as long as you have the correct traction, and weight ratio. With a 9' fisher, and a 7' 1.5 yrd polycaster, my truck will push anything. FORD- The best never rest!