PDA

View Full Version : its raining or just got done should i mow?????

jeffery9076
11-16-2009, 01:22 PM
During the summer months while working for my buddy we just got to a customer house it was sprinkling and just got done pouring. The customer was very upset because we were mowing and the grass was wet. SHOULD WE BE MOWING WHILE IT WAS WET. The customer came out before we got done blowing the clipping into the grass but commented that it looked really good when it was done . 2 weeks later he was told he would not be mowing next year because the customer was retiring???? (not sure totally about the answer) the customer had asked him to mow his lawn the previous 2 weeks 2 times each week. Wich he did 1 time not 2. But the time he did mow he did it on the weekend and no work is to be done on the weekend in the gated community. SHOULD YOU MOW IN THE RAIN OR WHEN IT IS WET. I HEARD IT IS HARDER ON THE BLADES AND EQUIPMENT BUT WHAT IF YOUR SCHEDULE IS FULL.

picframer
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Personally, we never mow wet grass.

mark123
11-16-2009, 06:19 PM
If it starts raining when I'm in the middle of mowing a lawn I try to finish (unless it's a torrential downpour) but if it's raining before I start I check the weather and if it's not going to let up, I go home.

If the soil is soft, and now it's wet, you could rut the lawn pretty severely.

BladeRunnerLC04
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
I do not recommend cutting grass in the rain or right after a heavy rain. Like Mark said you can leave bad ruts and you are more likely to damage the customers lawn than make it look good.

When bidding a maintenance job I like to make it a point to let the customer know that if it is wet and or raining we will not cut for the reasons above. I have not yet had a customer that didn't agree with that.