PDA

View Full Version : New Ad for 2010!!!

CHEESE2009
11-16-2009, 02:33 AM
I'll be posting this online, or if I get a website.

Obviously it isn't for massive lawns & such, just the lawns under 2000sqft & that are NEAR by. They will have to be in a certain perimeter. :p

So whatcha think?

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1858&d=1258582929

Steve
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
I like your creativity.

It makes me think though, do you ever open the paper and see ads for cars? You could be looking at a rolls royce and it will say in big numbers $99.95 a month. Then in the fine print they include the sign up fee and all these other fees, but they catch your attention with the monthly fee.

So my question to you is this, what helps sell better, promoting a larger annual fee or a monthly or even weekly fee?

What would catch your attention?

picframer
11-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I like your creativity.

It makes me think though, do you ever open the paper and see ads for cars? You could be looking at a rolls royce and it will say in big numbers $99.95 a month. Then in the fine print they include the sign up fee and all these other fees, but they catch your attention with the monthly fee.

So my question to you is this, what helps sell better, promoting a larger annual fee or a monthly or even weekly fee?

What would catch your attention?

I realize this is not a question to me but I will offer my two cents based on my experience, in short people will not buy it, or at least the clients that I go after.

When I see buy it now, big discounts etc. they are either over priced to begin with or desperate for business, personally not interested in either.

Steve
11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Do you feel it is better to market a lower weekly price or what would you say is the best way to go about it?

picframer
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Do you feel it is better to market a lower weekly price or what would you say is the best way to go about it?

My price is my price, I now my costs and I know what I can do, if you can't afford that, I appreciate that also but I will not budge and although my ROI is 32% average, I think we are high on some things yet I honestly have clients paying us more for leaf removal for example than we quoted, not once, 5 tiimes last week alone as they were so impressed with the results, one site alone the lady paid us an extra ninety bucks because one of the guys cleaned her gutters, with the gear we have it took him 15 min but that is what it was worth to her.

I don't by these sales type advertisements and I mean no disrespect but from where I set it's an act of desperation, buy it now as it won't last kind of thing.

Steve
11-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok, so ultimately it's better to not go down that road of advertising based on price.

Maybe instead he should be promoting the services he offers, what his specialty is and try to stand out in other ways beyond price.

picframer
11-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Ok, so ultimately it's better to not go down that road of advertising based on price.

Maybe instead he should be promoting the services he offers, what his specialty is and try to stand out in other ways beyond price.

Depends on your plan and the customer base you deal/target with, I know my plan, my goal and my target, I find the customers and we are making serious coin because we structured to meet their need.