PDA

View Full Version : PLANET and ANLA Will Not Merge at this Time

Steve
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I know we have a few members of these organizations on our forum here. Do you have any thoughts on this one way or the other if this is a big deal or not?

PLANET and ANLA Will Not Merge at this Time (http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/news/news.asp?ID=4382) - After almost a year of talks, the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET) and the American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA) have decided not to proceed with plans to merge the two organizations.

tiedeman
06-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I just received my renewal about 2 weeks ago from PLANET, I will not renew. As I stated on here before, what a waste of money. I am actually happy that the ANLA decided not to join. They would have been drowned out just like the others have.

kc2006
06-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Troy, what does PLANET offer to it's members? I recall looking into them and it didn't look like they really offered me much but wanted a good chunk of change to join.

Steve
06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Do either of them offer discounted health insurance?

tiedeman
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
They really don't offer anything except some discounts off from their books, certifications, seminars.

Steve
06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I think if they offered medical insurance discounts or group plans then they would get many more members.

tiedeman
06-02-2006, 08:43 PM
I just received a thing in the mail to attend a 3 day seminar thing in Minnesota. For three days it would run almost $600 for members, and $700 for non-members.

Like I said before, all they care about is the big coporation anymore. All of our membership money is basically for them lobbying on the capital, and nothing more. We really do not see anything in return at all. Sure, it's great that they are trying to help out with some things with the government, but with the smaller companies that don't have to deal with immigration workers, we don't care at all. Refund us back our money.

tiedeman
06-02-2006, 08:46 PM
These are the discounts. Nothing worth while in my opinion. And some of things that might sound like a good discount, are actually a complete waste of money.

Resources—FREE to Members

Monthly newsletter of events and members
Who’s Who annual directory of members nationwide
Annual “Crystal Ball Report”—a vision for the future
Publications Catalog—outstanding resource featuring more than 100 industry books, training videos, and software
E-news on timely topics
Marketing promotions of new publications and benefits

Discounts

30–50% discount on all publication orders
Registration discounts on all seminars, events, and annual conference
$50.00 savings coupon good toward one educational event
Major discounts on certification application fees and study materials

Promotional Tools

FREE: Logo for use on your business cards, bids, contracts
FREE: Online listing in the association’s nationwide online referral guide
FREE: Listing in Who’s Who directory
Four-color marketing pieces at a discounted member rate
Environmental Improvement Awards program for national recognition
Safety Awards for companies striving to meet industry safety standards
Public relations assistance
National certification programs

Exclusive Services

Legal issues consultant and newsletter
Safety issues consultant and newsletter
Human resources consultant, newsletter, and Web site
Long-distance telephone service discounts
Discounted drug testing program for Department of Transportation compliance
Purchasing discounts with select industry suppliers
Access to the “Members-Only” section of the Professional Landcare Network Web site
Fuel discounts
Collection services
Long Distance Learning

National Programs

CNA insurance program offering competitive rates
Annual industry conference and trade show, business seminars, technical training
Unparalleled national networking opportunities
Legislative representation