PDA

View Full Version : Flood damage to lawns

swstout
11-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Hurricane Ida has wreaked havoc along the Atlantic coast. This has caused a lot of flooding, which means pollutants, oils, and toxins from all kinds of sources end up in lawns, gardens and farms. Additionally, in towns right on the coast, salt water is part of the flood waters, and salt is really bad for growing things.

When the water settles, homeowners and *************s need a plan to quickly remediate the damages. They need to do two things: 1. Move the salt and other soluble toxins down below the root zone. 2. Detoxify the soil.

As you might suspect, we already have a solution for this - Aerify PLUS http://www.natureslawn.com/aerify-plus.php (http://www.natureslawn.com/aerify-plus.php) . This product will help cause the salts to rapidly leach out below the root zone. The Humic and Fulvic acids in the Aerify PLUS will buffer many of the pollutants and will stimulate their degradation biologically. Humic Acids are commonly used in soil remediation projects, and ours is the highest quality and strength we know of. Finally, the Aerify PLUS also contains Kelp (seaweed). This can help replace some of the nutrients lost to flooding, and will trigger both healthier plant and microbial growth.

For detoxification purposes of heavy pollutants or salt you would want to use about 8 oz per 1000 sf - and make two applications at this rate about a week to 10 days apart.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>I started making calls this morning and sold 3 jobs.

This is something you might want to check out. Easy work and good profit potential!

Steve
</o:p>

Steve
11-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Have you been able to market this in your area or would this apply to areas immediately along the coast?

swstout
11-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Have you been able to market this in your area or would this apply to areas immediately along the coast?

I just started this morning. So far I have only contacted local Golf Courses and a few commercial accounts. I called those that I could and emailed the rest.

I met with 6 6his morning and have 2 more for this afternoon. I came home for lunch and to let my vicious attack dog out. He is such a good watch dog that if someone broke in, he would show them where the good stuff is.

Steve

Steve
11-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Does a lawn get damaged from flooding when there is no salt water involved? Or is the main problem the salt?