PDA

View Full Version : Another Baby?

picframer
11-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Stay tuned for pics as almost all of the family will be home this weekend.

yesterday I was trying to finish a drain, this is the drain from he$$ I spoke of, as luck would have it I am almost at the end and run into a piece of bedrock I can't move. The site is such I can't get my 35D excavator in there so I called Deere and they delivered a brand new 27D, OMG the power it has is nuts.....so I bought it and she too will be home tonight as I can excavate the area I want to for my garage so much faster.

That is the project this weekend, I will have four tractors and three excavators here, the various sized rock was just delivered, trees are cleared and chipped. It's really good for me as the area needs a lot of fill, I have over 200 pieces of bedrock in another spot we will use for the base, some of them would go 2 ton's easy.

Very excited, operating an excavator with a cab, heater, radio, air is so much better this time of the year, it has the long arm and wide tracks, funny that it is more than double the weight of the 17, it doesn't sink a fraction as much.

The reason I would not go around the bedrock is I am very, very close to the septic field, we are on a lake and along a fence, the 27D is barely fit through my access point but when she did, man she made short order of the job.

This is the place the client is pumping 240 gallons of water a day out of his basement, pump goes off every 20 min, he called at 7 this morning, pump hasn't come on in 12 hours, this drain is not a spring, it's a friggin brook, I will take some pictures today as we finish up.

Steve
11-13-2009, 10:36 AM
This sounds exciting! I can't wait to see some of the pictures and hear more about how it compares to the other excavators you have.

From my point of view it is fascinating because without operating them, I have no sense of the difference in their strength but for you, the difference must be night and day.

picframer
11-13-2009, 08:45 PM
As promised here are some images of the family, we can forget trying to get everything into one image....not possible.

I thought I would show you the finished drain, itís too late in the year to put top soil and sod, the ground is so saturated with water itís the best we could get until things dry, customer is very pleased, we will go back with our bigger excavator which has a thumb and build a rock retaining wall along the lake, he should have the permit shortly. His pumping 240 gallons of water a day are gone, we had to run two drains down each side of the house, they have been running 1/3 full now for three days, they are 4Ē pipe, the pump in his basement has not come on in four days.

Here are pics of the new excavator, she is going back next week for a thumb, the 17 goes in tomorrow for an auger attachment and our new Diesel Bearcat chipper, we traded the tractor Augers back in and the tractor wood chippers, itís just not worth the money to have a tractor sitting chipping wood so we now have three tow units.

Was a great day, I have the ground ready for the storage garage, the 27D excavator is one insane machine and the sound system is amazing although I donít listed to anything when working, not worth the risk

Once the thumb is on she has three jobe (new excavator) first is a 12,000 dollar retaining wall along the lake of the client we did the drain for, the other two are even bigger and with a heated cab, I can work pretty late, guess woodworking is out the window:)

Steve
11-14-2009, 12:33 PM
That looks like a lot of fun stuff there. Especially when everything is new and still has the plastic wrap on it. So much fun!

How is Deere at returning items like you mentioned? Can you try out a piece of equipment and see if you like it or not?

It's also quite fascinating to see how little space you have to work with in some of these locations.

picframer
11-14-2009, 05:18 PM
That looks like a lot of fun stuff there. Especially when everything is new and still has the plastic wrap on it. So much fun!

How is Deere at returning items like you mentioned? Can you try out a piece of equipment and see if you like it or not?

It's also quite fascinating to see how little space you have to work with in some of these locations.

Deere will take back anything but it depends on who you are, I am probably in the top 10 as far as amount I buy so yes, I can have any piece of gear they sell I want for as long as I want to test it but they know me well, it's only happend once that I tried something and did not keep it.

We are in a niche market, that is why the company is doing so well, although the equipment is expensive, it performs way beyond the specs and can get to these tight areas that others can't or they turn them down, that allows us to get the work at top dollar.

I did one three hour job today with the new excavator, my Ranger will actually ull it, I was shocked, anyhow it turned out perfect, an easy $500.00.

I really like the heater in the cab, it is so nice.

Pics tomorrow of the Garage being built, it's going well.

lawncrafter56
11-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I love it!

picframer
11-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I love it!

Living a dream bud, that is what I tell everyone and I really mean it!!

Steve
11-15-2009, 01:21 PM
You mentioned it also has an air conditioned cab as well? I wonder if that helps improve productivity.

picframer
11-17-2009, 05:34 AM
You mentioned it also has an air conditioned cab as well? I wonder if that helps improve productivity.

I don't think it does where I live as we generally only receive brutal heat for four to five days a year, in the summer our average temp would be high 70's and it is not muggy.

The heater is what makes the difference, we will be excavating into December or until snow hits, frozden ground doesn't matter much to this unit.

SuperiorPower
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Andy, I am once again just amazed by how your business has flourished! I love watching your posts and look forward to see what happens in your business day by day. Congrats!

picframer
11-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Andy, I am once again just amazed by how your business has flourished! I love watching your posts and look forward to see what happens in your business day by day. Congrats!

Thanks buddy, Living and Dream and you can to, just find the niche, it's there and sometimes it takes time to find it but when it does, grab it buy the horns and hang on for the ride!