PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washing

winkie61
11-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Is it alright?I want to add pressure washing to my service, but I want to know if its alright to use the clients' water to do the job. I have a 2750 PSI 2.6 GPM pressure washer to get me started until I can afford more professional equipment. Anybody PLEASE HELP!!!

jdsimpkins
11-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Is it alright?I want to add pressure washing to my service, but I want to know if its alright to use the clients' water to do the job. I have a 2750 PSI 2.6 GPM pressure washer to get me started until I can afford more professional equipment. Anybody PLEASE HELP!!!

In my opinion it would be more professional to have your own water however, you aren't in the pressure washing business and hauling that big tank around would be near impossible with all of your equipment. You are simply adding convenience to your customers offering this service so they don't have to contact another company, write another check, etc. They will more than likely understand this, so using their water shouldn't be a huge deal. Obviously you couldn't charge quite as much as you could if you weren't using their water, but I think the difference would be minimal. Just my two cents.

SuperiorPower
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I think I would ask the customer if they will permit you to use their water.

What alternative do you have? The only alternative I see is having a tank with water on your truck/trailer. I suppose this could be done, but it requires more work/investment from you. You would have to charge more for this option.

The extra expenses would include these:

1. Your water,
2. A tank to hold the water,
3. A hose to get the water from the tank to your washer,
4. In this weather you may have to drain the tank daily, depending on your local temps. This would take more time from you. To fill the tank before the job. Then to drain it afterward. If you don't have enough water in the tank then you would have to go back to your house or where ever to get more water.
5. Truck or trailer space to haul the tank.

You would have to add all these into the extra cost. I personally think that this would be a way for you to say, $XX.XX amount with the customers water, $XXX.XX amount with your water and thus encourage them to give you access to their water.

For example, you would have to determine how long it takes to fill the tank and charge for your labor, how much the water costs, and how much the extra time/trouble takes. I could see that this could easily take an hour or more of your labor. I think if I had to do all this I would make it worth my time. But then that may just be me.

Good luck and let us know what happens,
Eli

Steve
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
That's a good question.

If I were your customer, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd say there is the water outlet right there.

I just can't imagine it being a big issue at all with a residential customer. Maybe it becomes a problem with commercial customers when there isn't an easily accessible outside water outlet.

But all in all, just do it. Go out there and get started. Don't let this hold you back one bit.

Keep us posted :)

Spyder Graphix
11-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I agree, not being in the lawn care field and if i had you at my house or business I would not have a problem with it either.