PDA

View Full Version : Sign & Screen Print Shop

Spyder Graphix
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Hey guys my name is Rick and i was refered here by another member. I am the owner of Spyder Graphix here in Indiana. We operate 3 retail location here in the state, one being in Indianapolis, one in Greenwood and our main shop In Franklin. We have been in business for 5 years now and growing more each year.

To tell you guys a little about what we offer would be Signs of all types (yard signs,vehicle magnets,Business cards,door hangers,vehicle and trailer graphics,screen printing,emboidery and much more. I have tried my best to make our business a one stop shop and be able to do all the work here in house to save my customers money.

I would like to save everyone their hard earned money in this ruff economy. Please let me know if there is something that I can give you some prices on that you guys are in need of. We have experience in doing work for lawn companys here in Indy and look foward to saving you money and helping you make more..

Steve
11-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi Rick,

Welcome to our forum!

What initially got you started in this business? It sounds very impressive!

Spyder Graphix
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks Steve.

Well I started in the automotive field about 10 years ago selling aftermarket car and truck parts for customizing your vehicle. I had always needed decals and such for my own business and about 6 years ago I decided to buy my own vinyl cutter to be able to make what i needed in house. I had then starting getting requests for vinyl work and saw that the market in my are was great for it and I sold the parts business to get into signs.

It has treated us pretty good so far. My biggest goal is to help out other guys starting or running their small business and keep prices at what they can afford. We have just grown so much by doing that. 2009 was our best year yet and I hope to beat that in 2010.

Steve
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
We operate 3 retail location here in the state, one being in Indianapolis, one in Greenwood and our main shop In Franklin.

I bet there are a lot of similarities between running your business and running a lawn care business.

For instance, you have different locations and that would be similar to a lawn care business having different crews.

Could you share with us some of your insight as to how you made the jump from no employees to your first employee? How did your operation change then?

Also how did it change when you went from 1 location to two? How did you manage that?

arthur712
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Whats up Rick, Its great to see you here! BIG WELCOME!!!

This is Artie from My Take A Card!!