PDA

View Full Version : Just an introduction

castmaster
11-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Mark Peterson and I live in Thunder Bay Ont. I'm a newbie to the lawn care/property maintenance business. In fact its not even up and running yet. I recently bought a 4x4 that came with a plow. Initially I thought it would be a good way to help pay for the truck (fuel and insurance) over the winter. After thinking about it for a while, I figured this would be a good opportunity to start a new business. Since I already have a plow, I can plow all winter, take all my profits from that and buy a mower or two in the spring.
A friend of mine already has a small lawn care service (about 20 customers) but doesn't do anything in the winter. I figured if we teamed up together and created an ACTUAL business, it would benefit the both of us.

I'm sooo happy I found this site, as it has been very helpful to me so far. I look forward to corresponding with you all in the future. Thanks for now!!!

BladeRunnerLC04
11-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the club castmaster.

I would start marketing now for the spring. Get some nice business cards printed up and make them flashy lol.

I use www.vistaprint.com you can get some good stuff for a very reasonable price.

Good Luck this winter and the upcoming spring

Steve
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi Mark,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of marketing ideas have you and your friend come up with so far to promote your services?

jdsimpkins
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place and there is very helpful people lurking around. You mentioned you and a friend are teaming up. Be careful. Business and friendship rarely mix. If you are both serious about it, I would draw up a contract and have it notorized, detailing all responsibilities on both parts, ect. It's nothing personal to your friend, it is just business. I have seen many businesses go south when friends disagree over things. Just my two cents.

castmaster
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Steve, to answer your question about my marketing ideas, they are as follows... I've done the usual business cards, flyers and fridge magnets. I also wanted to offer a few services that aren't normally associated with this type of business. I've operated a tow truck for a few years and thought it might be a good idea to put some of that knowledge to work here as well. I will be offering vehicle boosting, unlocks and minor vehicle recovery. Since I'm new I don't want to go too big too fast. I'm just going to take baby steps and learn as much as I can along the way. I'm always open to suggestions and ideas so lay them on me. :)

Steve
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
What did you think of the tow truck business? Did you like it or no? Would you ever want to get into running your own tow truck business?

minor vehicle recovery.

What would be involved with minor vehicle recovery?

arthur712
11-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forum!

SuperiorPower
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Welcome to the forum! If you have power equipment questions post them in this forum, pm the question to me, or post the question on my forum (link below).

I have numerous power equipment topics already posted on my forum so don't hesitate to join and look around.

Again, welcome to gopher forum!

Eli

Spyder Graphix
11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Although a Newbie myself... Welcome to the site.. Alot of great info and help here.