PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runne Lawn Care

BladeRunnerLC04
11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi everybody. My name is Tim and I am new to the forum. I am the head Lawn Care Foreman for a small company called Blade Runner Lawn Care. We are still trying to get our feet off the ground and with the economy this year it has been really tough. But the good news is that we survived. Just recently the owner put me in charge of all our our lawn care accounts. Serving the customers and giving our free estimates and what not. If anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated,

Steve
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi Tim,

Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of things do you need help with?

What have you been doing to promote your business and attract new customers?

BladeRunnerLC04
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as advertising we are just getting our feet wet with that. Just had nice business cards printed up. We have and add in the yellow pages. I'm on the owners butt to get a website up and running. He has been saying hes going to do it for a while now. We have done a couple radio advertisements. Passing out doorknob hangers. That is about it.

I've been working here for about 4 years but, just recently I was put it a management position I guess you could call it.

Steve
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Are you familiar with making websites at all? We have a bunch of free lawn care business web templates (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7218) you can use to get yourself started.

BladeRunnerLC04
11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I am actually not familiar with it at all. The boss claims that he as a buddy that is computer literate and it going to hook us up....so he says. We will see wat happens with that. Thanx for the template info tho!!

Steve
11-09-2009, 06:17 PM
We have done a couple radio advertisements. Passing out doorknob hangers.

Are you keeping track of where your new customers initially heard of you from?

Have you found the door hangers or radio advertising to be worthwhile?

BladeRunnerLC04
11-10-2009, 08:34 AM
The doorknob flyers are a good way to get customers around the house you are already cutting. It gets your name out there and the customer can get a sample of your work by looking at their neighbors yard.

In my opinion, the radio advertisements are hit or miss and so far for us it has been a big miss. Waste of money. I don't think we will be doing that ever again.

Steve
11-10-2009, 11:37 AM
In my opinion, the radio advertisements are hit or miss and so far for us it has been a big miss. Waste of money. I don't think we will be doing that ever again.

We dont often see too many lawn care business owners advertise through the radio so I am wonder how this came about.

Did they offer you some kind of swap, you cut their lawn and they promote you on the radio or did you seek them out to promote you?

arthur712
11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the forum Tim!!

Spyder Graphix
11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Welcome Tim.. Love the business name, it stands out.

BladeRunnerLC04
11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Actually a radio station called us. They only problem with that is that it is hit or miss and you might get calls from areas that the radio station reaches but you dont cut in that area.

Steve
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I think of all the years this forum has been up and running, not a single lawn care business owner found any success through radio advertising! Isn't that something.

Do you have any idea what the ad package cost and what it included?

BladeRunnerLC04
11-14-2009, 02:40 PM
No I am not sure what the deal was. Ill have to talk to the boss and find out what it included and what not and I will def post it for ya.