PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new truck

wdcutter
11-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Here I grow again and I'm in the market for a 1 ton dually with a dump and plow. I have been adding new clients for snow plowing for this winter, also I wouldn't be dependent on my material companies and I would be able to add loam/ mulch and other materials for delivery for the diy folks. I have had to turn down a bunch of work for material deliveries this year.

I thought about a 3/4 ton with a dump trailer, but I have some camps on the lake with limited turn around spaces and would have to back in and would be able to get in and out with the dump.

I would like some input on one of these rigs.

Steve
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Are you looking to buy used or new?

Also, I don't often see too many plow trucks set up as duallys. Do you? Maybe it's different in your area but it seems the duallys aren't as nimble as the regular 4x4 is for plowing.

wdcutter
11-10-2009, 07:12 AM
I am looking for a used one around 12k-13k, around here you see quite a few dually trucks setup for plowing, but would venture that most are 3/4 ton pickups.

I also thought about dump inserts, but worried about twisting the truck frame with the heavier loads.

I'll keep looking around for the right deal and setup to arise and go from there, but for sure will have to do something before snow flies as the calls keep coming in.

Steve
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
How many years are you looking for this truck to last?

Would you consider getting a beater and then who cares if the frame bends at a certain point, just leave it bent :) or replace it.