PDA

View Full Version : New...ish

jdsimpkins
11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey everyone. I have been missing for a while. I was on here for my lawn care company (I closed shop) and forgot my log in info. Since I no longer use my email address that I registered with, I couldn't retrieve it. I just created a new account after encouragement from Artie.

I'm still a fan of this site and since it encompasses entrepreneurship, I will hang around and contribute where I can.

Steve
11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome back!

Can you give us some of your reflections on the lawn business? What made you shut it down. If you could do it over again, would you do anything different?

I'm still a fan of this site and since it encompasses entrepreneurship, I will hang around and contribute where I can.

Have you started another business or are you considering doing so?

arthur712
11-07-2009, 05:56 PM
JD, Welcome back, We have missed your great marketing and sales tools.

I am sure Steve can get your old screen name back.

What are you doing now? Are you completly done with the landscaping biz, or still looking for new avenues?

Steve, what heppened to the spell check option? That is why I have been spelling bad, I can not find that little ABC thing.... LOL:D

Steve
11-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Steve, what heppened to the spell check option? That is why I have been spelling bad, I can not find that little ABC thing..

I have no idea. I didn't even know we had one here lol

arthur712
11-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I have no idea. I didn't even know we had one here lol

I gess Edgemacated peeple du noht nead them! LOLOLOLOLOL

jdsimpkins
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome back!

Can you give us some of your reflections on the lawn business? What made you shut it down. If you could do it over again, would you do anything different?

Have you started another business or are you considering doing so?

Thanks for the welcome guys. I actually sold my equipment and moved away. I had just started and only had a handful of customers. My wife and I were looking into a divorce. We now have things worked out and I am back to work for myself but not in the lawn care business.

Steve
11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
How do you like what you are doing now compared with running your lawn care business?

jdsimpkins
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
How do you like what you are doing now compared with running your lawn care business?

I am not outdoors as I was. I do miss that a little. (Not the middle of summer days, but the cool days were great!) However, I love what I am doing now. Marketing is my strong point I think.

Steve
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Do you think that interest in marketing was born out of running your lawn care business?

jdsimpkins
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Do you think that interest in marketing was born out of running your lawn care business?

Actually, my interest in marketing/sales and love for the outdoors led me to lawn care.

Steve
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Do you kick around any ideas in the back of your head what your dream business would be like? There are many many things you could do with all those interests!