PDA

View Full Version : Too early to set up work for next season?

MJK
05-29-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm currently planning out next season. I work for a landscape company and i'm going on my own next year. First off i was planning on getting my foot in the door with Lawn care (grass cutting etc). My goal is to get 60 residential and one commercial. My question is , is it to early to contact the Management company to submit a bid for next year? I was thinking about regersting my name and getting Liabiltly insurance now to prove i'm real. What do you guys think?

tiedeman
05-29-2006, 08:29 PM
The only problem that I can see is if they want you to start this year, then you are kind of stuck. But if you are going to submit a bid make sure to tell them that it's for next year. I personally would probably just start by sticking a bug in their ear about you, and then around September really start hard on getting people.

Steve
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi MJK,

It's never too early to get started getting new clients. I think it is a lot easier to build a business based on residential clients first and later spread out to commercial ones.

If you want to get commercial clients for next season, I would go out now and ask who is in charge of property maintenance and ask them when they accept bids. It's better to be early than late.

Keep us posted on how things are going.