PDA

View Full Version : Could It Work?

brothamanjyro
10-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I am in the process of teaming with a partner in a; lawnclean up business. The problem is that we will be working from the bottom with practically nothing. In what ways or what should be the next step, as I prepare to invest more money into the idea? What basic things or materials, equipment, is needed in order for us to get a start?
Thank you for your time.

lawncrafter56
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Good Luck!
I will let others make equipment recomendations. What I will suggest as you start is when others ask you how is biz going??? you tell them absoluty wonderful and that business is excellent as any could expect. even if it isn't up to expectation.
As a beginner i would drive around with equipment on the trailer even if I had no job to go to. The appearence of busy is one of the best advertising gimmicks there is. people gossip at coffee shop windows and I just love to drive right by with a clean load to give them something to talk about
One member here, Picfarmer definatly knows how to grow a company from scratch. Though not anywhere as diverse, I have done very well as a one man operation. again good luck and welcome:)

Steve
10-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I'd say start with basic tools. A small push mower, blower, trimmer. Don't spend money on tools unless it will be needed and it will bring you a profit. As your need grows, scale up the equipment.

Keep things simple. Let everyone you know that you are starting your business. Between you and your partner, you must know quite a few people. Get the word out and start getting some jobs lined up. Then you will be able to start marketing to neighbors and others along the street of your current customer base.

Does this help?