PDA

View Full Version : Hello

brothamanjyro
10-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi,
I am trying to make a buck just like everyone else. I am in the business of creating business, and making the most out of a good idea. Lawn care has recently been a topic of discussion at my round table, but I have no experience in this field of work. I know it can't be the kind of work that is too hard for a young man to do, so I have decided to take on this campaign with assistance from a friend or two. And try and see how far we can go. Its small time but it can generate revenue. Since it is fall, we intend to start cleaning lawns filled with leaves, and establish relationships with clients, as we move forward into the winter season; And we will clean walks and driveways when the snow comes. I don't want to sell myself short, What else should I factor into this process?.
Thanks.

Steve
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I don't want to sell myself short, What else should I factor into this process?.

I would say if you know your overhead costs you will be better prepared to find success with your new business.

What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your new business so far?

Lawn care has recently been a topic of discussion at my round table,

What other business ideas were you kicking around?

brothamanjyro
10-28-2009, 08:26 PM
I decided today that I will go ahead and create some flyers, and or business cards, then go door-to-door doing some direct marketing, and at the same time, have my guy out in the field with me; prepared to do a job, if one is offered. Thiat is what we intend to do. I need to know, if we are missing some elements are not?Mind you, we are on a small budget, and we do not have any heavy duty power equipment to do these jobs quick fast in a hurry, but why could'nt we work towards getting it?

arthur712
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM
welcome to the forum!

Steve
10-29-2009, 08:50 AM
I need to know, if we are missing some elements are not?Mind you, we are on a small budget, and we do not have any heavy duty power equipment to do these jobs quick fast in a hurry, but why could'nt we work towards getting it?

Taking that first step and getting out there is so very important. The fact that you are doing it puts you way ahead of many that sit back and only dream.

Get out there. Take on some jobs. See how you do with them and scale up as you go.