PDA

View Full Version : Meeting All Goals**

MikeO
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Well,

Sitting here talking to my wife earlier and we started talking about how things went this year. As I have stated before this was really my first year out doing this. I have mowed many a lawn in my time but nothing to this extreme. I started out with a $400 lawn mower that husqvarna made. I bought that from a Husqvarna dealer that sold Husqies and nothing else, Bought a trailer that is double wide, bought two trimmers a Husqie and a Stihl, bought another lawn mower that Toro made which was around $500. Bought an extension ladder 28'' for the gutters for $140.00 from Ace hardware, bought a pickup for $800 and am purchasing another pickup tonight for $1500 that is a 4x4. Bought a Snapper snowblower 13.5 hp for $1200 paid with cash, Bought all new hoses and buckets and gloves, Bought 2 leaf blowers one huquie and one Stihl both were together around $500. numerous tanks of gas, oil, and about 50 cases of rolling rock and and a few bottles of E and J brandy. All on working a few jobs and maintaing all summer long. Ive also paid out alot of money in advertising and business cards. Also paid money out of this a new starter for the truck and odds and ends trimmer line..etc... So, working this and working my full time i have not tapped into my paychecks from my regular job to pay for anything above. This was all done by working and advertising. Again, this is my first year doing this full time and all I can say is I hope to be 3x bigger next fall at this time. So, if anybody doesnt think they can make money doing this and have money doing this, Ive made quite a bit and I hope it continues. I really do, so here comes my down time and I am really saddened actually, I knew it was coming but, I picked 3 people for snow removal sidewalks and driveways, I think I could have had more but, I didnt know what I was going to do really now I wish I would have said yes to the rest of them for snow. Oh well...thats the way it goes.

Steve
10-28-2009, 04:44 AM
Mike it sounds like you have had a great year.

What kinds of marketing did you experiment with to get the word out about all your services? What do you feel worked and what didnt? What kind of marketing are you looking forwards to doing next year?