PDA

View Full Version : Weed Eaters?

skennard
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Sorry to be so naive here but what is a weed eater? I know I'm from England and all but I've never heard the term before and I must say it sounds pretty cool!
If its a gadget that make weeding people's gardens a lot easier then I wanna know more...
:confused:

skennard
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry to be so naive here but what is a weed eater? I know I'm from England and all but I've never heard the term before and I must say it sounds pretty cool!
If its a gadget that make weeding people's gardens a lot easier then I wanna know more...
:confused:

Righty oh then, so a weed eater is what we call a strimmer here in the UK, sorry to be a muppet :D
I guess I'll task myself with putting together a UK to American and vice versa reference listing so I don't get confused with the terms in use on the Forum so my 1st entry is

US = Weed Eater UK= Strimmer / Brush cutter

Feel free to add your entries :)

justin_time
10-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Righty oh then, so a weed eater is what we call a strimmer here in the UK, sorry to be a muppet :D
I guess I'll task myself with putting together a UK to American and vice versa reference listing so I don't get confused with the terms in use on the Forum so my 1st entry is

US = Weed Eater UK= Strimmer / Brush cutter

Feel free to add your entries :)

There's actually more than one word for those.

Here's an explanation on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_trimmer

Steve
10-27-2009, 04:41 AM
weed wacker, and as another member calls them 'whipper snappers' LOL

SuperiorPower
10-27-2009, 09:01 AM
The correct term in the US is String Trimmer. Weed Eater is actually a brand and it is incorrect to call any machine other than the Weed Eater brand a "weed eater". Many people also just refer to them as a "trimmer".

:)

skennard
10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
The correct term in the US is String Trimmer. Weed Eater is actually a brand and it is incorrect to call any machine other than the Weed Eater brand a "weed eater". Many people also just refer to them as a "trimmer".

:)

Well that's me told then, lol! :eek: