PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while. Here's an update!

andyjoneslawncare
10-24-2009, 12:14 AM
I've been reading posts here, just not writing for a while. This site is the single biggest help with my business. No, it's the ONLY help I get with my business! I used a web template found here, use the calculators, the advice and opinions are priceless, and even the moral support is needed. Since I became "Speedy Spider Lawn Care LLC", I've got my business checking account up and running. Still weighing the credit card options. I've been doodling with www.speedyspiderlawncare.com . It's not perfect, but I just wanted to get something up and refine as I go. My news clip is on it and I did a "free online quote" form on the "contact us" page. They put in all the info I need and when they hit submit, the answers go to my email and I can give a no pressure quote! Yes, my mower banner is on there too! I invested in great new equipment. An echo chainsaw, trimmer, hedge trimmer and blower, a 8hp chipper/mulcher to reduce piles of sticks everywhere, a compressor and tools for removing blades, a bench grinder, AND a 2008 12' x 6" aluminum trailer! See how successful I've become? OK, most of it was from a "business loan" from Grampa, but it sure looks like I'm successful! I just got a new account yesterday and did some tree work for her too. I still do 5 yards for realtors that have vacant homes they're listing too. This week's focus: commercial accounts! My realtor buddy is working on some leads for me with properties he has connections with, and I listed 130 apartment and condo association addresses and phone numbers I'll be visiting/ calling starting next week. It seems to me that it shouldn't be much harder getting a commercial account than a residential right? Well, a little, but when you figure that 1 good commercial account could equal 100 residential accounts, its time well spent I think. Another thing I've been doing is make it a point to talk to neighbors when I mow. Last week when I finished a yard, I mowed the neighbors too, and left a card. That new account I got yesterday? Yep, you guessed it! Things are coming around, slowly but surely. Check out my new logo! http://www.speedyspiderlawncare.com
Thanks for everything guys! Andy

Steve
10-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Andy,

It's good to see you posting again :)

I love the logo! It looks great and can't wait to see it on your truck and trailer.

Last week when I finished a yard, I mowed the neighbors too, and left a card. That new account I got yesterday? Yep, you guessed it!

WOW. Let me get this straight. You mowed a customer's lawn and then just decided to mow the one next door and leave a business card? Was anyone there? What was the inspiration for this?

Did they call you after? Did you leave a little message on the card that you cut it?

They called you and signed up with you?

Give us more of the scoop on that!