PDA

View Full Version : How would you get up and running again

Steve
05-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Can you imagine a fire destroyed your equipment like it did to Michael? How would you get yourself back up and running again? He took out a home equity loan for $80,000.00 But how many lcos have the ability to do that?

Lehigh business up and running after fire (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060522/NEWS01/60522024/1075) - A brush fire that raced through Lehigh Acres two weeks ago incinerated most of Michael Hertog’s lawn-care equipment — but now, thanks to a quick home equity loan, he’s back in business.

“All my stuff burned up,” Michael Hertog said: five of his six mowers plus the trailers where they were being stored.

About a week later he was back in business but the experience has left him stunned, Hertog said. “It’s been an amazing couple of weeks for me. You never could have told me the day I was standing there, looking at my stuff burned up, that I’d be where I am today. I spent $80,000; I suspect my insurance company’s going to reimburse me 80 percent.”

tiedeman
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
If it was something major like that I would take it as a sign to hang up my hat and move onto to something else

Steve
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
It was really lucky for him he had equity in his home. Or he would have been out of luck.

Quote[/b] ]hang up my hat and move onto to something else
What might that something else be?

tiedeman
05-24-2006, 05:35 PM
If that happened to me today, I would probably go work for another lawn care company.