PDA

View Full Version : Grant Money

CaseyLawnCare
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I was asked by Steve to talk about this.
Before i make anyone thing this is great it sucks to do.
i took me over 3 years to find the grant that allowed for start up money.
then i took me just over 2 more months to get registered. with www.grants.gov and all the other site you have to.

then i was sitting on my butt wait for some sigh of money so i could get my bank off my bank i was not making money. and need to give my bank something like $10,000 to be in the black again and this grant come in.

So if you are just starting up there is very little you will be ably to do if you did look for what you needed before you got your business license.

But is you go to grants.gov and do a search for a grant most of them ask for help then give you money.

What a grant is and is not

So now you now how much you can get. what you dont know is that i have been waiting for a total almost 5 years for start to end so if you think you can wait that long to get money for free, good for you but you will be working to get and meet there term.

Also you will see every where there is no grants to start a company that is normally true. i had to talk to so many people in the 3 year search to find on that was willing to work with me on my goals and what there need for me.

If you need help just remember you have a long time to do this if you need money fast. Make a good Business plan and go to a Leander that may be the only thing to save you back side

Mean for Example was to help the disabled in my community and come up with a way to use some of the money to do so.

So i told them i need a mile long list of thing to get stared, but i will be able to help anyone in my area by do there minor land maintains for free, by simply charging 5 more dollar to my other customers to help off set the money i will lose.

So i got the max amount of money for this group then can allow it came in 3 part around 75,000 dollars each.so i did make good money.
Before you thing i am rich i only had about 195,000 to use to get what i need to run my company. i had to use remaining 300,000 for what the grant was for. so i now have the equipment i need to run my business, with out having to pay the money back to the leader.

Steve
10-22-2009, 03:11 AM
So i told them i need a mile long list of thing to get stared, but i will be able to help anyone in my area by do there minor land maintains for free, by simply charging 5 more dollar to my other customers to help off set the money i will lose.

What made you decide to go this route? It's a very nice thing to do but how did you come up with the idea to do it? We don't often see that happening here.

So i got the max amount of money for this group then can allow it came in 3 part around 75,000 dollars each.so i did make good money.
Before you thing i am rich i only had about 195,000 to use to get what i need to run my company. i had to use remaining 300,000 for what the grant was for. so i now have the equipment i need to run my business, with out having to pay the money back to the leader.

You got $195,000 to use to get started and there was a remaining $300,000 to use?

CaseyLawnCare
10-23-2009, 01:36 AM
It answer the help people part was easy. Me and my wife had seen one of are neighbors lose there house do to lack of lawn care. there grass was awalys a little tall and someone called the state and the state kicked them out.
so that part was easy for use. long story....

And the 300,000 that was left got used on expenses to help the people as the grant talked about.

steven59937
12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks Steve, The link in the response did help and I was able to locate some local government and non profits that can help. We will see what happens.

Steve
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I was able to locate some local government and non profits that can help

Great! What kinds of things were you able to find? What do you advise other small business owners to look for now?

jymie
12-28-2011, 10:38 PM
what search terms did you use to find a grant?

lawn4rlife
01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Are you guys talking about actual goverment grants? Free money for business to expand?:)

Hedgemaster
01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
How much did it cost to have your business plan written?
Did an accountant do that part?

justin_time
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
**Canada Only**

I received a $3000 grant from the government to start my business in 2006 it's for students from 15 to 29 that wanna start their own summer business

http://www.ontariocanada.com/ontcan/1medt/smallbiz/en/sb_ye_summerco_en.jsp