PDA

View Full Version : Why The NFL Was 100% Right In Banning Rush Limbaugh

SuperiorPower
10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok, I just found this. I don't necessarily agree with Rush 100% of the time, but the author makes a great point.....

Why The NFL Was 100% Right In Banning Rush Limbaugh (http://www.jameslparis.com/2009/10/why-the-nfl-was-100-right-in-banning-rush-limbaugh.html)

swstout
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Eli,

You should let us know how you really feel! At tonight's meeting of the Far Right Conspiracy meeting (the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month) Chapter 29550, we cussed and discussed all of the points in the letter plus. Attendance was up for this meeting because of the NFL. Up to 240 from the usual 150!

Just whish full thinking.

The point of the letter is, people really need to start thinking and get the facts (not the spin). Whether Rush should be able to buy into a franchise should have no business in our nations Congress. Government (the elected officials) should be concerned with what is best for our nation and not political correctness (as they see it).

Steve

lawncrafter56
10-16-2009, 05:32 PM
greetings guys.. just my thought... the rev.:rolleyes: sharpton, jesse jack... spew hate towards whitey every chance they get. rush ought be allowed to own a nfl team if he wants.

Steve
10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I was reading another article and it was talking about how the NFL doesn't want a Mark Cuban situation going on in their league. They say he 'misbehaves' and then simply pays any fines the league hits him with and he moves on to continue to misbehave.

I like Mark Cuban though. To me this is just sports. It's entertainment and crazy/goofiness gets people's attentions and they want to tune in and watch.

When you can go to a football game and see a fan dress like this, you gotta wonder, what's the difference if the owner is off the wall too. LOL

http://www.offbeatearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/13857.jpg

SuperiorPower
10-17-2009, 10:42 AM
You know, I was thinking about this, and it really irritates me that the NFL even has the power to interrupt any business man from purchasing anything in a world that is supposed to be free enterprise... NFL and the entire government need to keep their finger out of this crap....

Steve
10-17-2009, 10:43 PM
You know, I was thinking about this, and it really irritates me that the NFL even has the power to interrupt any business man from purchasing anything in a world that is supposed to be free enterprise... NFL and the entire government need to keep their finger out of this crap....

It is really messed up when you think about it. Can you imagine if a local lawn care business owner wanted to provide service for homes in a certain community but that community tried to stop him due to his political views?

I was actually surprised Rush didn't push the issue and sue them. He would have gotten so much more publicity and potentially sympathy over it. Maybe he just doesn't want to bother, but it is messed up.

SuperiorPower
10-18-2009, 07:29 AM
It is really messed up when you think about it. Can you imagine if a local lawn care business owner wanted to provide service for homes in a certain community but that community tried to stop him due to his political views?

I was actually surprised Rush didn't push the issue and sue them. He would have gotten so much more publicity and potentially sympathy over it. Maybe he just doesn't want to bother, but it is messed up.

Well we both know that Rush will most likely mention this on his show. I am just curious how many people will contact NFL to express their displeasure?:confused:

And to top it off, James Paris who wrote the article I originally linked it to was banned from Twitter because of the responses to his article. Check it out (http://www.jameslparis.com/2009/10/banned-from-twitter-for-supporting-rush-limbaugh.html)...

Whats funny is that his blog piece about being banned from twitter has been tweeted 65 times as of the time I am writing this! :D

Steve
10-19-2009, 03:00 AM
That is really lame. He got suspended for Replay spam? This was a hot topic issue and it seemed like there were many people interested in talking about it. What the hell does twitter care if there is much discussion on a topic. That is really something.