PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dansgtlc
10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone my name is Daniel owner and operator or Dan's Green Thumb Lawn Care in Austin, Texas. I have been in business since April of this year. I just recently made this my full time occupation quitting my construction job a couple weeks back. Right now I have around 15 customers and growing. Well I hope business is going good for everyone!

Steve
10-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Dan,

Welcome to our forum!

What made you take the jump from part time to full time? What kinds of things have you been doing to promote your business?

Dansgtlc
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Well my decision was due to my inability to keep up with my lawns because I was getting sent out of town alot with construction. As far as the advertising I put ads in craigslist and finally ordered some magnets for my truck.

Steve
10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
That is fantastic! I'd love to see how the magnets come out. Take pics!

With your construction background, do you promote that you can perform household repairs?

Dansgtlc
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Well the construction I was doing was laying foundations and a crew is needed to do this. I am trying to get a job where I can put some sidewalk in.

Steve
10-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I am trying to get a job where I can put some sidewalk in.

That's a great idea! What about other things like patios, stairs, pavers? Hardscapes!

Dansgtlc
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't know much about hardscapes. Patios would be great work I never put much thought into that idea.

Steve
10-14-2009, 01:20 AM
You have a lot of marketable skills. We see on here time and time again, when you ask your customers if there is anything else they need help with around the house, the customers usually have a list!

Also we have found if you see problems with their property or their house and you point them out and show how you can resolve them, you will make more money per customer.

This is fantastic because you spent less time trying to market yourself to gain other customers and spend more time focusing on the ones you have to make more money per stop.

Does this help?

Dansgtlc
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Sure does help. Thanks for the advice.

Steve
10-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Keep us posted on what you find as you interact with your customers. I bet they want you to perform more services.

96 F-350
10-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Joined the site a couple weeks ago never got around to introducing myself. I've been cutting grass since I could remember on the side with my father. He always had about 10 accounts he did after his full time job. Fast forward to sept. 2006 I was hired by the towns road department. I was recently laid off this year in june, due to the economic bs. I took over my father's accounts, and have picked up about 20 in the past two years on my own. I'm 22 years old, Im looking to double what I have by next spring. I will be going threw all the legal requirements some time in mid january to avoid having to pay any taxes on the business this year. I have 2 more half acre accounts lined up for next year. I will be advertising in the local newspaper, church flyers, signs, and my truck. I recently put a 8 ft meyer plow on my 96 f-350, and was lucky enough to have my uncle give me 18 driveways, due to his garbage compactor business growing so fast he wouldn't have time to do them. I currently do all the accounts by my self, only getting help 2 days a weeks from a helper during the fall. Next year I will need at least one steady helper, I have alot to learn and alot of questions with no answers. Thanks to all the people on here that are true and helpful, also to the business owners who have become very prosperous I inspire to be like you guys.
James

96 ford f-350
5x12 in closed trailer
36 stander 210 hours
48 stander 540 hours
br550
billy goat 10hp
8 ft meyer plow
pics coming soon

Steve
10-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi James,

Welcome to our forum! What kinds of things have you been doing to market your business? What have you found that worked and what hasn't?

due to his garbage compactor business growing so fast he wouldn't have time to do them.

With your uncle in business, has he been able to sit down and teach you many business lessons? Or has your dad? Does anything stand out?

arthur712
10-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Great to have you here!

Check out our Drawing for Free Vehicle Business Card Holders

There will be 3 winners picked for each Forum.

Winners will receive (1) One Adbox Outdoor Business Card Holder.

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada No Cost at all.

Click here to check it out!!!

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10007

I will do drawing Oct 25th 2009

Thanks!