PDA

View Full Version : Help with prices for Slit seeding

Simon Abousaada
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Can someone give me an idea how they charge customers for Slit seeding. I did this years for a few customers. This was my first time doing it.:confused:

Steve
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Thats a good question. How long would it take to do such a job and what kind of equipment would be involved?

Simon Abousaada
10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Most of the houses I did took about 45 mins each. One of them about 1 and half houurs. I had to rent a slit seeder and buy fertilizer and seed everthing cost me about 1400

Steve
10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Have you been advertising this service? Have you lined up more than one customer for it?

This reminds me of a discussion we have had on aeration. It seems the best way to go about it is to line up a bunch of customers and get as many jobs you can get done in a day or two when you rent the machine. Otherwise the costs can be sky high and make it not profitable.

Simon Abousaada
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah i had 5 house to do. Do you charge by the sq foot or every 1000 sq feet

Steve
10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I would think first off you would want to know your costs and figure how long each job will take. Then you can break it down and say ok I need $x per hour to reach the level of profitability to maintain my business when I rent such a piece of equipment.

Afterwards, keep track of the size of the property and the time it took. Once you know that, you can then create your own formula for operating such a piece of machinery per 1,000 sq ft of property and it will help you estimate better and faster in the future.

Does this help?