PDA

View Full Version : TwinDooly from Florida

TwinDooly
10-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey everyone; I have been in the Lawn business as a small owner operator for 26yrs. Have 7 kids and 3 grand babys. i have been Loving Jesus as Savior and Lord for the past 30 yrs since I was 19. Love Hunting and helping people out as a NeedMeeter. Wife and I help a Feeding ministry and have started a Shoe ministry to the homeless here in Sunny HOT florida.
I have a Innovative New Backpack Blower Called "TwindStorm Dooly' that I am trying to License to a Manufacturer.Your Feedback on this site would be helpful. Check out web Site @ TwindStorm.com.:)

Steve
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You gotta give us the lowdown on the story here of how you came up with this twin blower idea!

It looks fantastic!

arthur712
10-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Great to have you here!

Check out our Drawing for Free Vehicle Business Card Holders

There will be 3 winners picked for each Forum.

Winners will receive (1) One Adbox Outdoor Business Card Holder.

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada No Cost at all.

Click here to check it out!!!

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10007

I will do drawing Oct 25th 2009

Thanks!

Steve
10-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I was thinking about this last night and thought to myself, I could see it being a huge pain in the *** trying to get this off the ground and getting a manufacturer to license it.

Then I was thinking before I did that, why not make some type of kit that allowed you to alter your current leaf blower to become a twin.

You could have some of these parts manufactured and order other parts from a leaf blower company and sell it as a kit.

Then as you got more interest in it, you could show the manufacturers how many you are selling and that could entice them to want to sign up and license your product.

This could help you spark the fire that could lead to bigger things to come.

What's your view on that?

TwinDooly
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Welcome to our forum!

You gotta give us the lowdown on the story here of how you came up with this twin blower idea!

It looks fantastic!

Back in early 1990ish I always worked with a backpack and hand held at same time to get the Job done and Go. One day Jesus spoke in my heart "put them together" and my inner response was How Lord?
That was the beginning ;from there I started thinking and tinkering and in 1996 a friend helped me build 1st backyard proto-type. in 1999 I condensed it even more and in 2004 started getting engineering drawings and design work done of the Current Dooly .:)

TwinDooly
11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I was thinking about this last night and thought to myself, I could see it being a huge pain in the *** trying to get this off the ground and getting a manufacturer to license it.

Then I was thinking before I did that, why not make some type of kit that allowed you to alter your current leaf blower to become a twin.

You could have some of these parts manufactured and order other parts from a leaf blower company and sell it as a kit.

Then as you got more interest in it, you could show the manufacturers how many you are selling and that could entice them to want to sign up and license your product.

This could help you spark the fire that could lead to bigger things to come.

What's your view on that?

With my limited knowledge and field experience I believe the current blower designs are not capable of adapting to a two tube blower without loosing the blow power . All you would be doing is cutting the air volume in half and thereby reducing your CFM and effectiveness. With my Dooly I have changed and altered the whole kitten kabootle.
What I have I believe is more than ample to demonstrate to the Manufacturers the concept and potential with just a little optimization.

Steve
11-11-2009, 10:24 AM
A while back, there was an inventor on here that create this wrench that allowed you to lock multiple mower blades from spinning so you can unbolt them. The design he created was quite functional. He was able to get a national green industry catalog company to sign an exclusive contract to sell it and they would handle all the manufacturing.

It sounded great! But it quickly became a problem.

They had the product manufactured in China. The product was made really crappy and failed to sell. After the contract time was up, they declined to continue selling it and he was back to where he started.

Now he is trying to sell the design again with no takers.

It is very difficult to get these things up and off the ground but it can be done. When all else fails, figure out how to do it and do it yourself. If you can create a business from it and you can show a need and demand for the product, then you really will have something to sell.

I would love to see you put a prototype together and take it to a trade show to show it off.

That might get you invigorated to produce it yourself. Maybe you can make an add on to be used on other blower or maybe you can make the whole thing yourself.

But I think it's really important to look into making yourself versus trying to sell it now to a manufacturer.

All in all though keep us posted! I want to hear more updates!

Steve
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Check out some of his videos

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGskM_fpZxA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qGskM_fpZxA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTlKZ9kStuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTlKZ9kStuU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>