PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

CaseyLawnCare
10-08-2009, 11:43 PM
HI my name is Travis used to do lawn care for someone else and now i started one.

I only have a mower and a chainsaw ,small trailer and some hand tool. I used some other local company's bid my lawn to see what they what,theywhat so much and this was after i made my website and posted some Base rates to help people see what there may be paying upto.

I need help getting a Grant to get a truck, Plow etc.
i hope the 5000 fliers get some emails.
Please visit me website and tell me if you thing i am under bidding or over what.

CaseyLawnCare.netai.net

Steve
10-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Hi Travis,

Welcome to our forum!

How did you distribute your flyers?

used to do lawn care for someone else and now i started one.

What kinds of lessons do you feel the previous business you worked for taught you and helped you when you started your own business?

I need help getting a Grant to get a truck, Plow etc.
What type of vehicle are you using now to get around?

CaseyLawnCare
10-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I printed off 500 fliers, so i when to walmart talk to me friend the manger and had me and my wife pass them out as people where leaving, talk to the ones that where will to talk. then after all that i copy like 4000 more and put them under wiper on cars.

Also i will be using a 1989 ford f150 old POS, or my Police interceptor both have towing gear,
i think using the car with my trailer will get people to look at it, Because you dont normal see people using a car to do this kind of work.

CaseyLawnCare
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/caseytc/DSCI0163.jpg
Me and my wife just getting started This pic is old.
Are kids just killed are energy this day

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/caseytc/Truck001SmallPic.jpg
The 1989 Ford

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/caseytc/DSCI0451.jpg
The truck i what to get fixed to use.

Steve
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Those are great pictures!

my Police interceptor both have towing gear,
i think using the car with my trailer will get people to look at it, Because you dont normal see people using a car to do this kind of work.

You know you just got me thinking, what if you had a car painted up to look like a police car and you called your business lawn cops! LOL That would certainly get attention! Then you could have a saying instead of 'to protect and serve' you could say 'to mow and to serve.'

I printed off 500 fliers, so i when to walmart talk to me friend the manger and had me and my wife pass them out as people where leaving, talk to the ones that where will to talk. then after all that i copy like 4000 more and put them under wiper on cars.

How did this work out?

CaseyLawnCare
10-09-2009, 07:47 PM
It didnt work. so far, I allso have big money problems that are making this even more difficult. I dont have a office phone or cell at this time. so i have to use the internet and get email from people to go and give estimates. but i know the fall clean up will make some customer's.

Also if i painted it like a cop car that can get you a ton of trouble here in Utah.
No light or anything but just for the side to have the word COP or Police will get you in jail fast

Steve
10-10-2009, 03:48 AM
It didnt work. so far, I allso have big money problems that are making this even more difficult. I dont have a office phone or cell at this time. so i have to use the internet and get email from people to go and give estimates. but i know the fall clean up will make some customer's.

Well at least you experimented and tried it! When you handed out the flyers, did anyone ask you any lawn questions at all? Did anyone seem interested in it or were they just rushing by?

How long did you do this for and what time were you there? Maybe time makes a difference too?

What will you experiment with next when it comes to your marketing?

arthur712
10-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Great to have you here!

Check out our Drawing for Free Vehicle Business Card Holders

There will be 3 winners picked for each Forum.

Winners will receive (1) One Adbox Outdoor Business Card Holder.

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada No Cost at all.

Click here to check it out!!!

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10007

I will do drawing Oct 25th 2009

Thanks!

CaseyLawnCare
10-10-2009, 11:19 PM
I was there for about 3 hour 6-9PM i need talk to about 40 people and me wife talked to about 15-20 see thinks.

But not one email for a estimate only like 200 email from people looking for work.

Steve
10-11-2009, 07:16 PM
But not one email for a estimate only like 200 email from people looking for work.

Wow now that says something about the state of our economy now.

What will you experiment with next when it comes to your marketing?

CaseyLawnCare
10-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I think i going to do some door to door.
But it not a good time of year for yard care, So i think i am going to do some Fall Cleanup ads.
I hope it works.

Steve
10-12-2009, 08:42 PM
But it not a good time of year for yard care, So i think i am going to do some Fall Cleanup ads.

In craigslist or maybe in a newspaper?