PDA

View Full Version : Sod Install

EasyPro
10-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Been away for a while so figured i'd show some of the work we have been doing .... These are two of the larger projects recently... it was a sod install and also a drain install at one of the factories we do work at....

picframer
10-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Just Curious why such large rock, looks like 6" quarry run....

Steve
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I know nothing about this. Can you tell us a little about this drain job?

EasyPro
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
the rock is called rip raft, I used it because it takes up more room than say #2 rock would which means less material, also i think it give the landscaping better personality than #2 would have we also incorporated some of the larger pieces into the landscaping around the property....

This was done to control water run off from the road.... the water was eroding the soil and washing it out into the drain.... this will help that

Steve
10-08-2009, 08:08 PM
The sod job looks very nice. What do you feel was initially wrong with their lawn? Did they consider overseeding or did they want new sod as a replacement?

How long did that take?

picframer
10-08-2009, 08:11 PM
the rock is called rip raft, I used it because it takes up more room than say #2 rock would which means less material, also i think it give the landscaping better personality than #2 would have we also incorporated some of the larger pieces into the landscaping around the property....

This was done to control water run off from the road.... the water was eroding the soil and washing it out into the drain.... this will help that

Just curious how others are doing things, how is it working?

How are you controlling erosion from entering your drain? i.e. silt from the lawn/road filling the drain you built...just asking as I didn't see any landscape fabric to protect the drain.

I doesn't look like you used any weeping tile, I assume this is due to very little water run off?

picframer
10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
What is that machine at the top of the hill in the third image.

I know roll top soil is avaiilable here but I haven't used it, what is it like to work with and how do you move it around as those rolls must be a few thousand pounds.