PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to not be average?

Steve
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Do you ever sit there and think about what you are doing and feel it's 'average?' If so, what kinds of things do you do to try and stand out from that feeling of being average? Does it work?

turfmaster
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Do you ever sit there and think about what you are doing and feel it's 'average?' If so, what kinds of things do you do to try and stand out from that feeling of being average? Does it work?

I will edge once a month for nothing or pull a few weeds (minor) out of the beds . My loyal customers really appreciate that.

I also send out christmas cards to all my customers.

mowcash
10-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Christmas cards. Hard to not get caught up in working and remember to be creative. But it pays off to do out of the box stuff for your clients

fieroboi
10-29-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree, it really does pay to think outside the box! I've done a couple of things that customers really appreciate, I dropped off a donut and coffee card from Tim Hortons, fixed a door hinge while chatting with a client, and even stopped with lilacs out of a clients garden when she was in the hospital.

I believe that if you really care about your client they will be a loyal customer. I will be sending out x-mas cards to all my clients again this year.

Lloyd
Blue's YardFX

Steve
10-30-2009, 05:43 AM
I will be sending out x-mas cards to all my clients again this year.

How do you do them? Hand written, pre-printed?

Do you include any marketing material?

fieroboi
10-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Last year was my first winter in business so I hand wrote them. I am thinking about hand writing them again as it is a more personal touch. I didn't put in any cards or marketing, but one could. That was not my approach with them, it was just a personal note with greetings for the season.

Lloyd
Blu'es YardFX