PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand

Kramo
10-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Hi fellow Lawnmowing Contractors,
I'm Kramo from Auckland, New Zealand and I've been in the mowing business for six years. After reading heaps on the various forums it strikes me there are heaps of similarities AND differences in how we do business in our respective countries. We ALL seem hungry for more customers! Over here though, we only mow every two weeks, with only a few weekly lawns. In winter at least a third of my clients stipulate only every four weeks. Might have something to do with our temperate climate. It seems in the US clients may be more receptive to add on services such as aeration, fertilizing, etc whereas over here we mow lawns and that's it. Question: Do you guys take away have many clients who require you to take away the lawn clippings? If so, do you charge extra and what do you do with the clippings? We are charged exhorbitant prices to dump at our transfer stations.
All the best in mowing,
Kramo

Steve
10-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Kramo,

Welcome to our forum!

Question: Do you guys take away have many clients who require you to take away the lawn clippings? If so, do you charge extra and what do you do with the clippings? We are charged exhorbitant prices to dump at our transfer stations.

Some take away the clippings, some use mulch blades and don't need to. Others find a spot on the customers property where the clippings can be dumped.

I'd love to see some pictures from your area. I have never been to New Zealand.

arthur712
10-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Great to have you here!

Check out our Drawing for Free Vehicle Business Card Holders

There will be 3 winners picked for each Forum.

Winners will receive (1) One Adbox Outdoor Business Card Holder.

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada No Cost at all.

Click here to check it out!!!

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10007

I will do drawing Oct 25th 2009

Thanks!