PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FC 95 Edger question

tomcat172002
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey,

I have a question about the Stihl FC 95 edger. A couple of days ago I had one stolen right out of my garage in the middle of the day when I was home. I carry insurance thank God so it wasn't a bad hit to replace it.

Anyways I called the dealer and they had one for me ready to go. After a couple of lawns I noticed an unusually vibration from it. I took it right back to them and said there is something wrong with it. Norm the parts guy there took it outside with me and he tried it. He said that becasue the engine was reving so high the unusual vibration was because the blade couldn't keep up. OK well the next day the vibration was getting worse.

I took it to another dealer to see what he thought. He said yeah there is something wrong here. He called the Stihl rep who said I would have to take it back to the original dealership I bought it from. Then he looked at the blade which was kind of bend a little I bought a new blade from him and he put it on. I went home and tried it out. Well again after about 3 minutes the vibration started to come back slowly.

I called them back and they said " In there opinion there is something wrong with it but could not tell or speculate what it could be." When I went back to the original place the owner came out like he was feed up with me when I walked in the door. I told them I was returning it and they said No thats how its supposed to run. I said I took it to another Stihl dealer who told me there was something wrong with it. The owner really got pissed off and said I'll have one for you on Friday". I cannot stand going into this dealership to buy anything. I hate even driving by the place. They make feel like I'm the one with the problem but the other dealer backed my story.

My question does anyone have any excessive vibration problems with the FC 95 edger. I didn't notice it on the first one I owned but because I don't have it I don't remember. The second dealer said they could tear it apart but it would cost alot and they would have to charge me for it. Being brandnew the easist thing would be to just get a new one. I wanted to have the second dealer fix it and give the bill to the original shop I bought it from. Also why does a dealershipe give grief about a problem edger? Can't they change it out? What sweat is it off their back? I guess I am venting a little here too. I like Stihl and everything I have is Stihl and it all runs great except the edger. Whats your take on the situation?

picframer
10-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Something is not right, we have three of these and I used one yesterday for four hours cutting out areas where sod has to be replaced due to grub damage, it is very, very smooth, no vibration at all and I would know as I have cerpel tunnel in my wrist.

Perhaps it's the blade that is bent just enough to cause this but this is not normal in my experience and should not be there, ask for another machine, Stihl at least here has a 30 day return policy, at least at Deere where I buy the Stihl products we use.

Steve
10-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Tomcat,

Keep us posted on what happens with this.