PDA

View Full Version : Adding and upselling Pressure Washing

oxfordlawn
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I am in the process of adding cold water house pressure washing to our lawn care services. Are there any templates on this site which are available to print and mail pout with my next billing cycle?? Thank you as I have used a couple of the templates from this site in the past, but I just cant seem to find a pressure washing upsell one..although a search on Google says there is one here someplace:D

arthur712
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
I am in the process of adding cold water house pressure washing to our lawn care services. Are there any templates on this site which are available to print and mail pout with my next billing cycle?? Thank you as I have used a couple of the templates from this site in the past, but I just cant seem to find a pressure washing upsell one..although a search on Google says there is one here someplace:D

If you can not find it here! Check out http://roofcleaningforums.com/
They do allot of pressure Cleaning.

Thanks!

Steve
10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
There are a few power washing flyers here http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34 in the free flyer section.

What made you decide to add this service?

oxfordlawn
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Steve,
I decided to add this service as the area where we operate is growing in size exponentially by the month and there is tons of work to be had. I have gotten to be a decent sized lawn care business and honestly am growing bored of it, so I wanted to offer something more for my customers and myself. I have learned that owning a business is like taking care of a fire per say..you have to keeping adding wood to the fire or the flame burns out. All the new homes are stucco or vinyl, vast majority being vinyl, and they get cleaned on an every 6 month basis. The cost is minimal to get into comparably, but I have to admit the pricing is minimal here, but its all cash flow and income in my eyes.

THANKS FOR THE LINK TO THE FLYERS !!:D

Steve
10-04-2009, 10:19 PM
How did you determine this one over others though? Did you ask around as to what your customers wanted or was this more of just a feel that this service would be needed?

Also, what made you choose the power washer you purchased versus others out there?

How does cold water or hot water power washing differ in results?

oxfordlawn
10-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Unless you have ever seen this community/town/small state called The Villages, FL. it would be hard to understand the vastness and growth going on right now. This place where I operate is ginormous and its still expanding. The new homes which are selling at about 200+ a month are majority vinyl sided and single story. Everyone(residents) here is of the mindset that the vinyl sided homes must be washed every 6 months. Many of my customers are at the point where its time and some of the houses I can see mildew on...so I figured I already have a 2600 PSI pressure washer, why not use it. Also the residents pay year round for their lawn services, all signed up on yearly contracts...and from Oct. to Mar. pretty much only get mowed every 14 days or so...therefore I will ahve lots of extra time on my hands at this time to go through the learning curve and develop time saving skills.
As far as why a cold water system....thats what everyone uses here and thats all that is expected. Im not going for cpommercial, just residential, and the cold water is plenty good.
I chose the model pressure washer I have because it has a Honda motor and a decent style pump..I did some research on that as well. Some cheap style pumps are only expected to last 50 hrs....what good is that?!?!?!

oxfordlawn
10-07-2009, 05:58 PM
heres a quick flyer I made up, which I sent out with my monthly billing...just to get some feelers out there. Time will tell. The picture on the flyer I found on the net doing a google image search.

Steve
10-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh that is fantastic!

These flyers will be going to your current mowing customers.

Have you thought about how you will be promoting this service to non-mowing customers?

Also have you been considering others services to upsell?