PDA

View Full Version : Tree Care & Design instruction for OR / WA landscapers

mdvaden
10-03-2009, 01:36 PM
In case anyone is reading, and possibly from Oregon or Washington - a landscape company - I'm willing to do group instruction for your employees, even if you are a competitor.

Fee will vary. If you are Seattle, we are talking vehicle rental and a day's time, or more. I have the computer or discs. So there needs to be a room and projector supplied, plus one back-up computer.

Anyhow, I've done lecture, slide-show stuff for the Portland Yard, Garden and Patio show in the past, Master Gardeners and Garden Club folks. From my experience, 1 hour talks are a pure waste of time, because people merely get some knowledge and no understanding. It takes 2 to 4 hours, and ideally a full day, to knit the whole scenerio together so people can really advance with tree care.

This involves teaching about pruning, designing with trees, avoiding sunburn damage, soil care, drainage, etc.. A few community ed classes at Rogue Community College helped to fine-tune this kind of presentation.

I have yet to get any takers from the landscape or tree field, but the offer is on the table. If interested, visit my site and look in the testimonials page for background.

Thank-you :)

Steve
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Can you tell us a little about the picture you included?

What kind of tree that is and what was involved in that job?