PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Collection

picframer
10-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Well I picked up the leaf collector at the freight company at lunch yesterday, we had heavy rain around 4 this afternoon and had to stop excavation, by the time I got home it stopped so I put her together.

Had to make an extension for the hitch as it was hitting my 3 point hitch even with the I Match off, took about an hour simple easy, I went with electric start, on a 9 hp motor itís just easier. It has a 30 foot * inch hose for hard to get areas and itís actually super light.

Only issue is the deck adapter doesnít fit properly so Deere is going to make me one, I have another on order should be here Friday for the X500, itís in the X749

The X749 is an insane tractor, all wheels turn, all have their own motor four wheel drive, diff lock front and rear this is the ultimate tractor, 3 cyl diesel, they are steep in price I have all the options including a 25 KW Generator that runs off the PTO, all in just under twenty grand.

I take it in Tuesday to have company details on it, going to keep it simple.

Steve
10-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I have another on order should be here Friday for the X500, itís in the X749

Which tractor do you have shown here? I still don't know much about them :)

I take it in Tuesday to have company details on it, going to keep it simple.

Do you mean like some signs on it or what?

Have you tried it out yet at all? How is it working?

I'd love to see some pictures of you driving it through some leaves!

picframer
10-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Which tractor do you have shown here? I still don't know much about them :)

Do you mean like some signs on it or what?

Have you tried it out yet at all? How is it working?

I'd love to see some pictures of you driving it through some leaves!

It`s on my John Deere X749 tractor, it`s around $17,000 for the tractor, 3 cyl diesel and will blow a ZTR off the map mowing grades or even flat areas, I base that on owning a ((& ZTR and a smaller one, have driven most.

I have the smaller version of this series, the X500 it`s gas.

It will be fully decked out to show what it does and my company contact, the company doing it is the best in the city, it will probably blow us away, it goes in Wednesday.

Steve
10-03-2009, 08:02 PM
For those reading this and wondering if they should go the route of getting such a leaf collector, how much time should this cut down on leaf collection for the average lawn when compared to using leaf blowers?

picframer
10-03-2009, 08:25 PM
For those reading this and wondering if they should go the route of getting such a leaf collector, how much time should this cut down on leaf collection for the average lawn when compared to using leaf blowers?

It goes far beyond time saved, you are mulching up to 20 to 1 leaving compost which around here is $52.00 a yard, instead of three staff spending a half a day on a one acre property, hauling the leaves away, and once again here paying a dumping fee. Just my opinion but it's the professional way to do it.

I can do a one acre property in about 45 min, dump the mulch and move on. And the unit brings in $110.00 an hour. At the moment they have 184 homes to do ranging from small, we have a min $65.00 fee to three acres.

We are to a point for this season I won't be taking any more leaf or excavation jobs, we are booked 7 days a week until November 8th. The only thing we are still offering is lawn spraying and that too is just about done as my product is low and I am not going to store this stuff over the winter.

Steve
10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
What made you choose this one over others? Did you see any models you liked that were more expensive than this one that you didn't think would be worth it?

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Andy can we reliven this conversation, as i am seriously considering a better way to do leaf removals!

What is your opinion on this model vs others you researched?

I always prefer info from you :cool: i know you've been here a time or two!

950thomas
02-24-2011, 03:54 PM
The way I do leaves is we use a billy goat truck loader on the back of a dump truck it is super fast it has a 18 HP engine

LawnMoore
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
ok, i guess what i am looking for, is "a good deal"

as im in a region that isnt clustered with hoa's, complex's and neighborhoods, i feel like a cheaper unit (as in the motor and shredder assembly w/hose) will get me started, and if i can build up a customer base for leaf removals, then i can go get the "stihl" of leaf vac/shredders!

I appreciate you telling us what brand you use, so i can look that up, does any one else have shreder/vacs?

It seems Billygoat and the Littlewonders, are the premium brands ;)

Has anyone ran across, or know if its possible, to buy the shredder and attach my own engine!