PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Hamilton, New York

Dumore Landscape
10-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello Steve, I just wanted to tell you this site helps me so much.. I was trying to come up with a name for my bussiness a few months ago and one of the threads helped me with it. I came up with Dumore Landscape. And I came up with that because I started out doing more than just Mowing lawns. Examples: I do roofing, floors, and viynal siding. I have one customer that loves the name and she is my biggest word of mouth because i had to order about 200 business cards just so she could hand them out! I just need some help with some Lawn signs. If you could give some ideas it would help thanks!

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 7 1/2' Western
1996 Ford F-250 with a 8' Hiniker V plow
Ferris 61" and a 12' dual axle hudson trailer.

Steve
10-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I came up with Dumore Landscape.

That is a nice name! Can you tell us how the thread had helped you come up with a name?

I just need some help with some Lawn signs.
What services are you looking to promote on your lawn sign?

I started out doing more than just Mowing lawns. Examples: I do roofing, floors, and viynal siding.
For those that don't offer all those services, can you tell us a little about how offering them has helped you?

arthur712
10-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

Great to have you here!

Check out our Drawing for Free Vehicle Business Card Holders

There will be 3 winners picked for each Forum.

Winners will receive (1) One Adbox Outdoor Business Card Holder.

Free Shipping to the USA and Canada No Cost at all.

Click here to check it out!!!

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=10007

I will do drawing Oct 25th 2009

Thanks!

Dumore Landscape
10-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Welcome to our forum!

That is a nice name! Can you tell us how the thread had helped you come up with a name?

What services are you looking to promote on your lawn sign?

For those that don't offer all those services, can you tell us a little about how offering them has helped you?

Well steve the thread helped me by figuring out that i didn't want to use my first name (Greg), and same for my initials which are GM. I though it would be nice if i used the name of the county which i served (Madison) but, i then remembered that my dad's radio business is that and the county clerk wouldn't like that. So i came up with the Name DuMore and in the thread it said use a different spelling that might help you get noticed. So I thought to my self i could spell it Do-More, and Then i wrote it DuMore and it just stuck.
I thought people wouldn't take me serious but then I had a lady ask me whats your company name all about, so i told her. And now I do everything on her property even cut wood for her. Just yesterday she asked if I could do some drywall and i told her i would love to because thats what I started out doing.

For all who don't offer all services, i like to think of mine as Side jobs. I ask them what exactlly they want done, and a time frame they can give me to complete. That way i can work around my work, lawns and their project. Which my work is nice, I work at a golf course and learn new things every day about growing grass and maintaining it. A big eye opener is arration! I am going to work more on that next year with my customer's!

On the services end of the lawn sign. I want to promote more lawn care and snowplowing, because there are some people that still don't have anyone to do them, and with CNY's winter months it can be deadly.

Steve
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I want to promote more lawn care and snowplowing, because there are some people that still don't have anyone to do them, and with CNY's winter months it can be deadly.

Why not keep it simple and use bold letters.

LAWN CARE
SNOW PLOWING
555-1234

and put this in bright colors.

There seems to be a lot of our members that don't know how to sell these side services. What advice do you have for others who know how to offer these services but aren't sure how to let their customers know they offer them?

Dumore Landscape
10-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Any Idea where I could get them Made. Or get the materials to do it.

Steve
10-03-2009, 04:04 PM
One our members, Tony, makes such signs. Contact him at 696signs.com

Let us know how that turns out.

Dumore Landscape
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Sweet thanks steve. I wonder if he does vinyl i want to sticker the truck before the winter hits.

Steve
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Yes he does.