Steve
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
What's the last book you read?

What did you like or dislike about it?

swstout
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
What's the last book you read?

What did you like or dislike about it?

My reading habits are 70% technical, 20% political, 5% business and 5% humor or whatever catches my eye.

The last humor book I read was in the hospital, it actually was a Reaader's Digest book someone left. It was titled "Children and Other Hazzards of Sex". It was written by a single father who raised 2 daughters after his wife's death. It was not a How to, it was funny recount of How did.

My favorite chapter was about his daughter's first date and how he waited for her return from under the front porch! I liked it because it was a few laughs a page with adventures and mis-adventures flowing together.

In today's mail I got "WordPress For Dummies"

Steve

mark123
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
My reading habits are 70% technical, 20% political, 5% business and 5% humor or whatever catches my eye.Mine are similar: 80% technical, 15% religious 1% business and 4% games (crosswords, sudoku, etc).

In today's mail I got "WordPress For Dummies" I have tons of the "for Dummies" books. I use them as an introduction to a subject that I don't know much about to see if I want to delve deeper.

I've worked with wordpress for a long time and even wrote a plugin (http://imaginekitty.com/bible-tags-v2/) and a couple of themes for it. If I can offer any assistance, let me know.

jasonw
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Dislikes: Nothing.

mark123
09-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki

Dislikes: Nothing.
I read that and most of his other books, too. He's very inspiring but also full of baloney. The book is mostly an advertisement for his board game called "Cashflow". He's really good at smokescreen marketing.

Quoted from the "rich dad" books:Although based on a true story, certain events in the book have been fictionalized for educational content and impact.

I've also looked into John T. Reed's claims: http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

I'm not saying you shouldn't read it if you're looking for inspiration, I just wouldn't take it as gospel truth or take the advice as particularly good.

arthur712
09-29-2009, 12:18 PM
My Last Book I Read was my Check Book, And I dislike it for sure!!!! lol