PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up Job

FloridaBoy
09-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Here are some pics of a clean up job my company did about 6 weeks ago, just got pics downloaded to comp.

The front yard was as high as the back, just didn't think to take pics before i mowed it.

BEFORE:(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

FloridaBoy
09-25-2009, 05:55 PM
and AFTER :D:p:cool::D:p:cool::D:p:cool:

fldodger
09-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Nice job, Looks great

Steve
09-25-2009, 06:57 PM
That looks fantastic!

How long did it take? Were there any surprises along the way while doing the job?

FloridaBoy
09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, I personaly only put about 8 hrs total into the job
* Bid
* Running for materials
* and a little help with some of the harder cleanup around the swing set
The rest i had one of my guys do that does side work for me
Total was about 3 days

Also convinced the client to let us pressure wash the house and fence
and replace the liner in there pool and get that up and running for them

Only stumble was, when i went to mow the back yard, there gates where to small for my mowers, so i had to move a post, get some adjustable hinges for the gate, and made it a little wider. Only needed about inch & half (typical,haha), but i got it fixed.

They told me they were so satisfied, they didn't want it to go bad again so they hired me to maintain it also.

Steve
09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
How was it to install a new liner? How long did that take to take out and put the new one in?

What about getting the pool up and running?

Those are great add on services!

For newer lawn care business owners looking at similar properties, would you suggest a certain price range they should bid the clean up at?

FloridaBoy
09-25-2009, 09:00 PM
How was it to install a new liner? How long did that take to take out and put the new one in?

What about getting the pool up and running?

Those are great add on services!

For newer lawn care business owners looking at similar properties, would you suggest a certain price range they should bid the clean up at?

I didnt do that either, my guy did all the extra work, i did the fence because that was my deal in order to get the lawn maintenance. I think it only took him a day to get old liner out , regrade, and put new one in. He added another jet on other side of pool to increase circulation

A couple of days to get it filled, the he returned to add chemicals( short stop), and one final stop to make sure everything was ok. Total work around 15 hrs

Sometimes i bid high, i don't need the work, so if i get it, i am going to make it worth my while.
* Cleanup
* New patio
* Pressure Washing
* Pool work

If i am not mistaken was around $1800.00

Steve
09-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Those seem like great additional services. Pool openings, pool maintenance, and pool closings.

I bet a lot of other lawn care business owners could consider adding these.

Only stumble was, when i went to mow the back yard, there gates where to small for my mowers, so i had to move a post, get some adjustable hinges for the gate, and made it a little wider. Only needed about inch & half (typical,haha), but i got it fixed.

Have you ever had to do this with other customers? Is it worthwhile or is it better off having smaller mowers for such jobs?

FloridaBoy
09-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Those seem like great additional services. Pool openings, pool maintenance, and pool closings.

I bet a lot of other lawn care business owners could consider adding these.

Have you ever had to do this with other customers? Is it worthwhile or is it better off having smaller mowers for such jobs?

I cann't, or should i say won't buy a smaller mower for that type of thing, normally if they don't want to fix there gate i won't take them on, if i can fix it easily then i will do that.

I would say, in 15 years of business, maybe have had to turn down a dozen or so houses. So in my opinion, not worth another mower, for me.

arthur712
09-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Man that is some great work!!!

FloridaBoy
09-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks Artie, Damn man, i'm already going to get those card holders from you, no need to kiss ***. HAHA:p

arthur712
09-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks Artie, Damn man, i'm already going to get those card holders from you, no need to kiss ***. HAHA:p

Just trying to feed my baby, Momma need a new Pair of shoes. HAHAHA

FloridaBoy
09-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Just trying to feed my baby, Momma need a new Pair of shoes. HAHAHA

Nice, when i come to see you, i will bring a some chicken nuggets for the kid and a pair of walmart flippies for the momma. HAHA. Just playin.:D