PDA

View Full Version : Where do I begin?

TaprTrf
09-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Hello All,
I have bean mowing lawns for many years now and am ready to go big. I know I need a tax identification number, insurance, and a my applicators license but what else do i need to do? Can someone help me out? Thanks

Steve
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Hello and welcome to our forum!

Can you tell us a little about where you are now with your business and where you want to take it?

TaprTrf
09-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I have a few customers, doing great in marketing but would like to get more commercial accounts. Have one zero turn mower and will be purchasing a walk behind this week. I just need help with the legal thing I need to do. I have a lot of lawn and landscape experience but could always use help, especially with legal things. Thanks

FloridaBoy
09-26-2009, 01:23 AM
I will ask one thing, Do you have an accountant?

If they are good, and helpfull, they will direct you through just about every step that you need to go through, for no charge or atleast very inexpensive.
Ins. is a no brainer.
Getting license, tax number, paying taxes, most legal can be done by them.
Sorry didn't look to see where you are located, but when it comes to other certification and licensing, that depends on what services you ar egoing to offer.

If this doesn't help, let me know, or i should say , ask us some detailed questions of what you need info on, besides just needing legal advise.

Steve
09-26-2009, 03:51 PM
I just need help with the legal thing I need to do.

There are many things you can do. Does anything stand out as far as what you mean by the legal things?

Depending on the path you choose to go, it can effect how simple or complex the process is.

For instance do you want to simply register a business name or do you want to incorporate?

TaprTrf
09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Probably just register the name for now, the tax id thing, the license to apply fertilizers. Whatever will help me make the most money legally.

Steve
09-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Probably just register the name for now, the tax id thing, the license to apply fertilizers. Whatever will help me make the most money legally.

You can register your business name at your local county court house.

You don't have to register it if you use your own name for the business.

The tax id can be your ss# if you are the sole proprietor.

There are a bunch of organic fertilizers you can apply and not need a license to apply it.